Wednesday, July 20, 2011

mixed shots, harry potter, and bocce ball.

This past weekend was an absolute whirlwind, and since I haven't really talked much about what I've been up to lately, I decided I'd post a pretty little recap of the weekend's festivities.

During the week, E told me his friends were having a party on Friday night and I decided there'd be no harm in going, since I didn't have any other plans and the hostess lived close by. About a half hour after I arrived, the drinking games began and by the end of the night, I was borderline-drunk (which is as drunk as I allow myself to get). I blame E's friends for being mightily persuasive, but I think I was also trying to show E that I could loosen up and have a good time. (Not that I believe I have to drink to have a good time, it's just that I usually want to drink but tend to worry so much about how much I'm drinking, how I feel, how I'm going to feel, etc., that I don't relax and enjoy myself.)

The party was a lot of fun and I actually enjoyed being almost-drunk -- it really did release the firm grip that my inhibitions and worries have on me. However, when it was time for bed, I started feeling gross. Thankfully laying down and closing my eyes made me feel better, but I couldn't actually fall asleep. First it was because E and I were trying (and completely failing) to share a sofa, then it was because I kept having to pee, and finally it was because I relocated to the loveseat and couldn't stretch my legs. I managed about two hours of sleep overall.

Getting up on Saturday was not fun. At first I thought I was alright, but the combination of not sleeping and having a slight hangover made the drive home unbearable. Luckily a shower and some breakfast helped, then it was off to meet up with Natalie and her friends to see Deathly Hallows Part II. We waited in line for about an hour before they let us in the theater, which wasn't bad at all. The movie was FANTASTIC. I could go on for days, but I'll just say I loved the kiss, I fucking loved Neville, and I cried for the entire second half of the film, especially during the part about Snape. After the movie we went out for dinner then back to Natalie's apartment for a bit before heading home.

On Sunday I drove up to E's town to hang out at his friend's house with his group of friends. I arrived just as the women's World Cup was ending, after which we headed out into the backyard. E and his friends are all about playing yard games, so first they played a few rounds of Kan Jam, then we all played bocce ball before dinner was served. After dinner, a few people had left and it was down to E's core friends, me, and another of the girlfriends. The boys played a short game of Ultimate Frisbee while us girls sat on the sidelines -- I actually brought The Hunger Games to start reading, but I barely got half a chapter in before the boys were done. E and I left soon after, hung out at his place for a few hours, and then it was time for me to go.

It was the first time in a long time that I had so many plans back-to-back, and it was absolutely exhausting. Still, it was completely worth it.