Sunday, July 17, 2011

summer photo challenge: week 4.


hosted by Stopping for Daisies

I was sort of dreading this week because when I saw the list, sunflare was the only one that jumped out as something I knew I couldn't do (yet). Well, I mean, I've accomplished sunflare by accident in photos before, but never on purpose. I was worried I would have a hard time since I only have a point-and-shoot digital camera, but after reading a few articles and changing a few settings on my camera, I was ready to go.

It was hard to pick a favorite, but I ended up with this photo as my submission for the challenge:

sunset in suburbia.

When I was out taking these pictures, the lawn chair bugged me at first. I almost moved it, but I'm glad I didn't - it lends something to the picture, or at least I feel that it does. Another favorite is the photo below because the focus is the sunflare itself, but I disliked how dark the rest of the photo was.

sunflare.