Wednesday, November 25, 2009

i love prep work.

Yesterday was spent cleaning and baking and crafting, and I'm tired!

I spent two hours doing place cards, because I'm a freak like that. My mom was seriously surprised and annoyed that I'd taken so long for that one task. But I did get my cupcakes done, which need to be iced and decorated tomorrow. They are absolutely delicious even sans icing.

Today is dedicated almost completely to cleaning, as company comes tomorrow and the house has to be as clean as possible. At least I have my baking to look forward to - pumpkin pie and decorating the cupcakes.

I always have so much anticipation before a holiday. Things are fast-moving and exciting. Everyone's tidying up, making food, bringing out the good china, and in some cases, wrapping gifts. The actual holiday usually goes by much, much faster than I'd like it to. Still, I can't help looking forward to them even if they do go by in the blink of an eye. It just doesn't hurt that I absolutely love the prep work part of it as well.

~~

Super Serious, Day 7 - Tuesday.

Sleep: Fell asleep at 6am, woke up at 5pm = 11 hours.

Dinner (5:30pm) - Taco salad (ground beef, lettuce, tomato, corn tortilla, cheese)
Snacks - Pasta with sauce; ravioli; 3 pumpkin cupcakes; cup of noodle soup

Vitamins: none
Exercise: 10 minutes of Wii Sports and 30 minutes of DDR
Drinks: 1 glass peppermint tea; 2 glasses of water

Notes: Bad, bad news all around. I'm really not doing such a swell job. I'm not too sure why I couldn't fall asleep last night, but then I never woke up when my alarm went off so I went into a Coma Sleep until 5pm. Yikes. I'm having my mom wake me up today, so I should be back on track. I still really need to work on the exercise, though.