Thursday, November 26, 2009

happy thanksgiving!

With all the health problems and emotional drag that I've been having lately, it's hard for me to remember all the good things in my life. I've always been thankful for family, friends, my general good health, and all my material things. It's just a little difficult to focus on that when my stomach won't act right and I have anxiety attacks whenever I leave the house.

But today is Thanksgiving, so it's a kick in the pants for me to realize how lucky I truly am.




I have an amazing family, both immediate and extended. My parents have been extremely understanding in letting me stay here while I figure everything out, with limited griping about why I haven't found a job yet. I have a hilarious younger brother who always understands me, listens to me vent or cry, and actually offers pretty decent advice. I have aunts and uncles who would take me in at the drop of the hat if they had to, cousins who I share so many fun memories with, and grandparents who spoil us rotten, even today.






Then there are my friends. I don't even know what I'd do without them. College was a wonderful experience for me just because I ended up with a handful of really close friends, each of which I can relate to in different ways. Whether it's my roommates, my accounting major friends, or my RHA cohorts (oh, the memories of 9am exec board meetings), I love them all so very much and would not have survived college without them. As for my dance friends, they are my go-to people. I grew up with them and spent more time in the studio with them than I did my high school friends. They are practically my sisters.


My boyfriend (aka The Boy, aka Mark) is absolutely amazing. First of all, he puts up with my insanity and nonsense basically all the time, which is saying A LOT. He has been incredibly supportive these past few months with everything I'm going through. Even though we get in a lot of silly arguments, we're both too forgiving and too in love to really let anything break us. (For the record, I'm not good with this mushy stuff, and rereading that sentence? Kinda makes me wanna vom [shout-out to Katie and Melissa!]. But it is the truth.)

And last, but certainly not least, are people in the blogosphere (that means you!). While I did have this blog last year, I wasn't as nearly as involved in the community as this year. I'm thankful for everyone who takes the time to read my thoughts, comment on posts, or just say hi on Twitter. It's awesome to be able to connect with so many people so instantly.

I hope every single one of you lovely people has a wonderful Thanksgiving, whether it's sharing a small meal with loved ones or a large shindig with a 20 person extended family. I hope there's plenty of pumpkin pie, and if you have any left over, I will gladly come visit you and finish it off. I'm up early to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade (SO. EXCITED.) and then my Dad's side of the family is celebrating at our house a little later today.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

~~

Super Serious, Day 8 - Wednesday.

Sleep: Went to sleep at 4am, woke up at noon = 8 hours.

Breakfast (12:30pm) - 1 full egg and 2 egg whites scrambled with shredded cheese
Lunch (4pm) - Crab salad sandwich on rye bread
Snacks - Pretzels; taco shells with salsa; 1 pumpkin cupcake; Mike & Ike
Dinner (10:30pm) - Cup o' Noodle soup
Snacks - 1 scoop pumpkin ice cream; Mike & Ike

Drinks: 1 glass of water; 1 can of Sierra Mist
Vitamins: none
Exercise: 1 hour of raking/sweeping; intermittent chores throughout the day (cleaning, bringing stuff up/down the stairs)