Friday, November 8, 2013

Week in Review.

Whew, what a week! Blogging every day is tough when so much is going on. I didn't expect to be so busy but everything should die down by next week, at which point I should have posts with a bit more substance. Because I didn't really touch on all that's going on, here's a recap of my week and a look forward at my weekend.
  1. Over the weekend, I went to Erik's and spent time with him and his friends. I watched him play hockey on Saturday morning - I went out for coffee and sat in my car, windows rolled down, while reading and watching them play.
  2. On Monday, I stopped over at my cousin's house because she had her appendix out last Friday (which had me worried sick). Her grandparents and college roommate had also stopped by, so it was a nice little gathering. By then, my cousin was up and out of bed a little bit, and we all enjoyed pizza for dinner. I brought her an Edible Arrangements bouquet and also bought a few things at Target that she could do in bed: a coloring book with crayons, a journal and pens, and a puzzle book.
  3. I was back there on Tuesday because she was going stir crazy and wanted to watch Christmas movies to give her something to get excited about. We watched The Santa Clause while snuggled up in bed - it was perfect.
  4. Wednesday and Thursday were pretty uneventful. As I've mentioned about ten times by now, I'm finishing up my final set of work for my part-time job. It was a small division of a publishing company that they're now dissolving and outsourcing somewhere else. That's what I spent most of those two days doing and finally, the end is in sight!
  5. I have a very lazy weekend ahead of me. Erik's coming over today when I get home from work so we can have an at-home date night, then tomorrow I have a dentist's appointment (yuck) at 12:15. After that? Nothing. Well, more work, of course, but I have no other plans. I might just have to go back to my cousin's house for another cuddle session (and to keep her from going nuts from having to be at home all week).
How was your week? What are you doing this weekend?

NaBloPoMo November 2013