Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wine and Love [Vol. 20].

 hosted by Nora!

Filling my wine glass...
  • We're remodeling our downstairs half-bathroom and since my parents are having professionals come in to do the plumbing and flooring, I'm their "hired" help for refinishing the walls. It wouldn't be so bad except that the last time we remodeled the bathroom (when I was little), somebody took the tiles off and left the walls messy and uneven, covering it up with wallpaper. We opted not to use wallpaper again because we thought that would be harder... but it definitely would've been easier. I've spent the past week stripping the wallpaper and its heavier backing, sanding and priming the walls, and now filling it with wall compound. Then I have to sand that and finally - hopefully! - I'll get to paint it. And it will be relatively even. And I won't be a perfectionist about it, or else I'll go crazy.
Filling my heart...
  • Gorgeous weather! We've had temperatures in the 60s and even up to 70, which means open windows and lots of sunshine.
  • I spent another two nights with Lyndsay crafting for her sorority over the weekend. I'm really excited for her to finally be introduced to her Little, which happens tomorrow! Since I'm paranoid - even though I'm nearly positive there's no way the girl will see this blog - I won't be sharing pictures of our creations until next week.
  • Erik came over on Friday night and he and my family wanted to play a card game. I wasn't up for it, but since I was the only one, they played anyway while I went out a ran errands. It made me happy that Erik felt comfortable enough to hang out with my family without me being here.
This isn't really a wine or love, but tomorrow my friend Danielle - the one who got married in September and who is in medical school - finds out where she was placed for her residency. The tricky part is that her husband's in the navy and had to pick a base to be stationed, so we're crossing our fingers and toes that she was matched at the location nearest him, or at the very least in the tri-state area. If you send good vibes her way or send up a quick prayer, it would be greatly appreciated!