Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ten on Tuesday [Vol. 54].

1. Should we keep doing Ten on Tuesday?
Yes! Though I realize it gets difficult to come up with brand new questions every week. I'd submit some, except I'm the worst question-asker ever. Seriously.

2. How do you pick out your sunglasses?
By how cute they are. My priorities are definitely straight.

3. Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
Sure do. My dad's side of the family is Irish and it's also my brother's birthday, so we have corned beef and cabbage for dinner, wear green, and drink a lot. This year I went to a party with Erik, which was also fun.

4. Name 5 movies that you will never get sick of.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Grease. Dirty Dancing. Anchorman. Most animated Disney Films.

5. Name 1 book that you will never get sick of.
I've actually never read a book twice. I'm sure I could re-read most books and be fine with it, as long as I didn't hate it.

6. Do you know any sign language?
Minimal amounts. I learned the alphabet in Girl Scouts and a few inappropriate gestures from a friend who teaches to deaf kids. (Like bullshit, which is hilariously literal.)

7. What is your favorite kind of Girl Scout cookie?
Samoas. They're the best ever, even better than Thin Mints. Yeah, I went there.

8. Are you handy? (Can you fix or build anything?)
Yes, actually. I can't build anything (well I haven't really tried), but I do a lot of home improvement stuff with/for my parents.

9. In what form do you prefer your potatoes? (Baked, mashed, au gratin, hashbrowns, twice baked, etc.)
Every way. I love potatoes so much. Mashed and au gratin are closer to the top, though.

10. Do you believe the saying “actions speak louder than words”?
Yes and no. I think it depends on the person and whether or not they have strong communication skills. I say a lot more with my words than I feel I can get across with my actions. Using my relationship with Erik as an example, yes, I can be kind and caring and my actions do hold a lot of weight. But I feel I better express my emotions to him via writing. However, he is a man of few (emotional) words, but I can gauge how much he cares on me based on the things he does. So I guess what I'm saying is, I believe the saying, but not for every single person/situation.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.