Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wine and Love [Vol. 17].

 hosted by Nora!

Filling my wine glass...
  • A little bit of drama related to the wedding. It's nothing earth-shattering and it's not my place to talk about it, but I was bummed to hear about it.
  • Being in a funk hasn't been fun. Luckily I'm feeling back to 'normal' as of Tuesday, but it was a real drag feeling down.
  • My dad wakes up between 4 and 5am to go to work in the morning and almost always wakes me up. He doesn't mean to, but it's frustrating because I haven't found a way around it yet (I've tried sleeping with my iPod playing, with my fan on for white noise, trying to go to bed earlier/later... I wake up every. single. time).
  • I gave up sugar for Lent and I already miss it.
  • I didn't have enough time with Erik this week when I really needed it. I can't complain because we did hang out Friday night and I slept over, but I left for the shower just as he was getting up on Saturday and by the time we all got home, he'd gone out with friends for the night. 
  • Since I work as a contractor, when I filed my taxes, I owed around $200. No fun.
Filling my heart...
  • Hosting the shower is definitely at the top of my list. It was just so awesome! The party planner in me had a blast.
  • After a few weeks of not working many hours, my boss e-mailed me and said a bunch of work came in for me. I worked two days last week and will work three this week. Yay, money!
  • I decided to DIY my shoes for Natalie's wedding. I have unsuccessfully been looking for a pair of flat, dressy, silver sandals, though I bought this pair from Target as a back-up because they were cheap and they would work if I didn't find anything else. Yesterday I was looking at the box and realized I could add a brooch/hair clip or something else from the craft store to add the bling I'm looking for (I got the idea from these shoe clips at ban.do). I can't wait to start looking!
  • A fun-filled weekend ahead - time with Erik, dinner out for my mom's birthday, hanging out with Ashley (and hopefully Cortney!), and going to see Melissa and Katie on Sunday! Woo!