Friday, January 20, 2012

Eleven Meme.

Memes are my favorite. I was that girl who posted bulletin after bulletin on Myspace, filling out questionnaires whenever they popped up. So here we go!
 
Here's the rules.
  1. You must post these rules.
  2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
  3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
  5. No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Facts
  1. I went to an all-girl high school and, despite the fact that I felt too sheltered, I absolutely loved it.
  2. I took dance classes for fifteen years and my favorite style is hip hop (and I'm actually good at it, if I can toot my own horn for a second).
  3. My only sibling is my brother, who's two years younger than I am.
  4. My first kiss happened when I was 21.
  5. I have a bad habit of chewing on my lips and the insides of my cheeks.
  6. When I got my ears pierced, it was because my crush in third grade was getting one of his pierced. Except, when we came to school on Monday, he'd chickened out. I hadn't.
  7. I have always lived in New Jersey and probably always will (maybe not when I'm retired, but I can't think that far in advance). I love it here.
  8. I'm allergic to penicillin.
  9. I am absolutely terrible at taking shots.
  10. I don't have a smart phone.
  11. When I was young, I used to hate the color pink.
11 Questions for Me
I definitely copied Stephany here and did a mix of questions from her and Erin, since I was tagged twice.

1. When was the last time you felt proud of yourself?
When I finally applied to some jobs on Wednesday. I've been dealing with a lot of emotional crap that's been holding me back and it was great to finally get over that hurdle.

2. What is your favorite day of the year?
My birthday. All year long I spend my time focusing on other people, so when my birthday comes around, I take advantage of the opportunity to make it all about me.

3. When you go to the mall, do you go with a specific purchase in mind, or just go to browse?
I would never go specifically just to browse. Either I need something and I go in-and-out just for that, or I buy what I need and browse afterwards.

4. Do you use a planner? Paper or electronic?
Yes! I have an Erin Condren Life Planner and I love it. I’ve tried scheduling my life on an online planner, but I end up ignoring it. Having my EC planner laid out on my dresser means I’m always updating it.

5. What is your must-have beauty product?
Mineral powder foundation. It’s so light and fresh and easy to apply.

6. Where is one place (city, state, or country) that you are dying to visit?
Ireland. I have this strong connection to my Irish heritage, so I’d love to visit. However, my fear of flying and being away from home for too long might prevent this from ever happening.

7. What is one resolution or goal you have for 2012?
Finding a job! My word for the year is healing and I’m definitely focusing a lot of my energy there, but it’s an absolute necessity at this point for me to find a job.

8. What would be your last supper?
Caesar salad with shrimp, a plate of penne vodka and a foot-long Italian sub, with lots of meat on it. For dessert? Vanilla bean cheesecake.

9. If you could eat a meal with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
Either my nana or pop-pop. If I could cheat, it’d be with both. They both passed away when I was young and I miss them a lot. Now that I’m older, I’m so much more curious about who they were.

10. What is your dream job?
I would love to be a wedding planner. Sometimes I go back and forth about it, but honestly, everything about it appeals to me. I would even grit my teeth and learn to be pushy with clients and vendors.

11. When you need a snack, do you reach for sweet or salty? (Bonus points if you list your favorite snack.)
Both. And here’s why – I have this awful habit of eating something sweet, then craving something salty, then craving something sweet again. It goes on and on. My favorite sweet treats are Kit Kat bars and any type of cookie. My favorite salty treat is pizza-flavored Goldfish.

11 Questions for You
  1. What do you wash first when you're in the shower?
  2. Favorite birthday celebration?
  3. What's your favorite movie? (Or top 3, because I know I couldn't pick a favorite.)
  4. Who changed your life the most?
  5. What's your shoe size?
  6. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you'd buy?
  7. What trait/skill do you have that you're most proud of?
  8. Do you have a favorite scent of lotion/perfume/cologne/body wash? If so, what is it?
  9. Which celebrity would you love to meet?
  10. When was the last time you cried? What was it about (if you're comfortable sharing)?
  11. What position do you normally sleep in? (On your stomach, on your back, etc.)
Tag! You're It!
Alright, I don't have confidence in my ability to tag 11 people who haven't done this yet, so if I'm re-tagging you, I apologize.

Ashley | Melissa | Suki | Linda | Joey | Natasha | Grace | Nora | Katherine | Katie | Ashley