Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ten on Tuesday [Vol. 47].

1. How do you eat your eggs?
Scrambled with cheese. Sometimes sunny side up, sometimes hard boiled and made into egg salad. But usually scrambled.

2. Do you volunteer?
Not anymore. I worked at a cat shelter for five or six years, but I stopped going once my health issues came up. Still, I get e-mails from them and participate in random fundraisers here and there - for example, I just made cupcakes for a bake sale they had over the weekend. My brother still volunteers once a week so occasionally I stop by to visit.

3. What’s your favorite brand of jeans?
I don't really have one. I wear one pair of jeans constantly and I forget where they came from.

4. What was your child’s first word? Or what was your first word?
I can't remember what my first word was. My brother's was 'car.'

5. Can you french braid?
No, and it makes me really sad.

6. Do you prefer wide rule, college rule, or blank paper?
College rule, though blank paper is nice too.

7. Is there a specific treat do you always make during the holidays?
I've taken up the habit of finding things to cover in chocolate. In college I dipped Chips Ahoy and Vienna Fingers in chocolate to give as gifts and last year, I branched out into Oreos and pretzels. When I was younger I always made those cookies with the press - it made trees and wreaths and stuff.

8. Do you have a KitchenAid mixer? Do you want one?
It's not technically mine, but yes, we have one in the house. I would love one for myself when I finally move out... in fact, I probably wouldn't survive without it, considering I bake so much.

9. What kind of computer do you use?
A (pink!) Dell XPS laptop. I like it alright, but I'm lusting after a Macbook now that Erik has one.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original cartoon). It's not truly Christmas until I see that.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.

{Have you signed up to receive a Christmas card from me yet? If not, go here and do it!}