Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October's Over; Now for November.


October was, in a word, fun. The weather was weird – a cold blast, then summer-like weather, and finally a snowstorm for Halloween weekend – but I enjoyed every last second of it.

We celebrated Erik’s birthday twice over, with a party at my house and a fancy-schmancy dinner date. I attended the So You Think You Can Dance tour with Cort and Ash, missed the hockey game I was supposed to go to with Erik and his friends, but planned a second trip for November. Speaking of hockey, my boyfriend’s Rangers obsession has started to grow on me and I found myself actually enjoying the games and caring about the result.

There were more birthday outings for Erik’s roommate, dress shopping with Danielle, and a visit to my grandparents’ house to do some chores for them. I found myself in a bit of a funk for the last week of the month, but I pulled myself out of it and enjoyed my snowed-in weekend at Erik’s and a Halloween with lots of trick-or-treaters.

For whatever reason, I am ten times more excited about the holiday season than I usually am… and that’s saying something because I’m always excited. I can’t wait to start planning desserts and shopping for gifts; it’s my favorite time of the year.

Also, check out my two new vlogs: one about this weekend's freak snow storm and another for the We Blog, We Vlog Time Capsule challenge.