Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wine and Love [Vol. 11].

hosted by Nora!

Filling my wine glass...
  • My allergic reaction at the end of last week. It was so terrible, to the point that I wondered if I'd ever feel better again because it was going away so slowly. Plus, it completely ruined all of my weekend plans, which included a Devils game on Saturday with E and dress shopping with all of the bridesmaids for BFF Wedding #2 on Sunday. Such a bummer.
  • Chipped nail polish. It's a stupid little thing, but this pretty purple nail polish I used is chipping like crazy!
  • Feeling unmotivated. The allergic reaction sapped all of my energy, so the job hunt I was supposed to resume, the journaling I was supposed to do, and the general reorganization of my life never happened. I've been busy so far this week so nothing productive is getting done and I just feel incredibly lazy.
Filling my heart...
  • On Monday, E and I were texting each other and realized we both didn't have anything to do, so I suggested he come over and he did! We usually plan things in advance and rarely decide on a whim to hang out, so it was nice - plus, I'm glad he's so close by that we can have impromptu date nights.
  • Going to the So You Think You Can Dance tour on Tuesday night with Ashley and Cortney! The show was fantastic and, as usual, we waited outside to meet the dancers afterwords. So much fun.
  • Dress shopping with Danielle. For Natalie's wedding (which is in April), we got to pick between three different styles for our bridesmaid dresses. Since I missed Sunday's outing and Danielle was still undecided, we met up at the David's Bridal near us yesterday afternoon and picked our styles.
  • This weekend, my parents are going away, so I'm throwing a (small) house party for E's birthday. It's going to be your typical house party, but since I wasn't an avid party-goer in high school and my parents rarely go away, I've never done this before. I feel very rebellious. But, I'm mostly excited because I think it's going to be a lot of fun.
  • Finally being able to take hot showers again! For the few days when my hives were really bad (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday), I had to take cool-to-lukewarm showers or baths because I didn't want to the hives to get worse. I typically take really hot showers, so when I finally got to turn the temperature back to my 'normal' level on Sunday, I was so happy.
  • Getting Melissa's save-the-date in the mail yesterday!