Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ten on Tuesday [Vol. 40].

My homemade penne a la vodka.

1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
Hm, hard choice. Let's go with white sauce.

2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
Twirl, definitely.

3. Baked or boiled?
Boiled. Baked isn't bad, but in my experience I've had a lot of dishes where baking it makes some of the pasta dry out and it's no bueno.

4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
No meat. I mean, I don't particularly mind if there is, but I prefer a smooth sauce with minimal chunky ingredients, of which meat is one.

5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
I can't really say. I've never had any that particularly stands out, but any place that serves a good penne a la vodka has a place in my heart.

6. What is your favorite pasta dish?
Penne a la vodka. I could eat it forever.

7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
Meatballs, specifically turkey meatballs because I'm not the biggest fan of ground beef.

8. Why type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?
Just your regular white pasta most of the time. We have egg noodles with chicken soup and I sometimes order rice noodles when I get Chinese take-out, but I can't get myself to like whole wheat pasta because of its consistency.

9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
I really prefer not having anything in my sauce. Mushrooms are usually the only thing I don't mind.

10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)
We open up a jar. In our defense, we are not at all Italian, and I feel that making sauce is an Italian-family-tradition type thing. I know full well I could learn how to make some and use it, but I've only ever used jarred sauce.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.