Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Girl Effect.

A couple of weeks ago, I was going about my day and stumbled upon somebody tweeting about The Girl Effect. It sounded interesting, so I clicked the link. It brought me to the following video:





To be honest, the video kind of shocked me. It wasn’t that I was necessarily surprised at the information, but… it’s one of those things we don’t think about on a day-to-day basis. We know that women and girls aren’t treated well in other countries, especially in poverty, but we don’t often give it much thought than that.

There’s not much I really have to say on the topic, but I do want to spread information. Bloggers across the blogosphere are talking about this today to make more people aware and encourage others to get informed and even take action.

Please take a few minutes today to visit some of these links about The Girl Effect.
Looking to do more? Here's some information on how you can help. But simply by spreading the word - tweeting about The Girl Effect, sharing it on Facebook or Google+, or even writing your own blog post - is a great place to start.