Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ten on Tuesday [Vol. 36].

M&M's
{}

1. What temperature do you keep your thermostat on during the day?

No idea, since I'm living at home and that falls under the category of things under my parents' control.

2. What temperature do you keep your thermostat on at night?
Again, no idea. But I have an air conditioner in my room and during the summer, I like to have it at 65 degrees.

3. In a canister of mixed nuts, do you pick out certain varieties and leave the others?
I love cashews, so I usually pick those out first. Then peanuts. I usually leave almonds because I mildly allergic to them.

4. What is your favorite kind of M&M?
It's a tie between pretzel and coconut M&Ms. I used to love the crispy ones, but I think they got rid of them.

5. How do you buy books? (Amazon, bookstore, new, used, electronic, etc)
Usually from Amazon, always new if I'm buying. But since I'm kinda broke at the moment, I borrow from friends and take books out of the library.

6. How do you like your eggs cooked?
Scrambled, not super dry, with American cheese.

7. Can you whistle?
Yes, but not amazingly well.

8. What common word do you always misspell?
Occurrence and occasion. I always forget the extra 'r' in the former and I always add an extra 's' to the latter.

9. Are you afraid of flying?
Yes, very much so. It's mostly a slight claustrophobic and control issue; the idea that I'm "stuck" on a plane and that I can't get off whenever I want gives me anxiety.

10. How often do you go shopping?
I used to do it very, very frequently. Going shopping used to relax me in college - when I got too stressed, the familiarity of walking around the mall or Target helped me calm down. I think this is because I went shopping with my mom every weekend when I was younger, so it became normal for me. Since I live in the suburbs, it's easy to go out for every little thing I need, so sometimes I shop several times a week. I've tried to cut down recently, though, since I have a bad habit of wasting my money.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.