Friday, September 30, 2011

How I Spent the Past Two Days.

Hi friends.

Because my life wouldn't be complete without some kind of illness knocking me on my butt every few months, it was decided by the universe that I would have an awful allergic reaction to something that made my body break out in hives. We (my mother and I) think it's the Advil PM Liquigel I took Tuesday night because it's the only thing I'd never had before, so it's the only thing that makes sense. Whether it's a reaction to the contents/coating or the actual ibuprofen itself, we'll never know.

This was the worst bout I've had that I can remember, though I know I had a much worse reaction when they found out I was allergic to penicillin (that was when I was a toddler, though, so I don't remember it). It started mildly enough - just a few bumps here and there and very itchy ears on Wednesday night. I didn't think much of it because that's usually as far as it goes, but as the night went on, things went from bad to worse.


Yesterday was definitely the worst because my body was aching and hot due to all the swelling from the hives. I didn't have a fever, but I had chills because my body was so inflamed. My palms and the bottoms of my feet were itchy - something I've never experienced - my fingers swelled, and I cringed at my reflection in the mirror after I showered and actually saw how bad it all looked.

Thankfully, after a day of taking Benadryl and sleeping, I woke up today to find that the hives were going away a bit. I'm down to a level that I'm used to with allergic reactions and am hoping that they completely go away soon, but at least today I'm able to function enough to leave my bed.

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers that I'm back to full health in a few days. Happy weekend everyone!