Friday, September 23, 2011

Cait Actually Reads!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I actually went to the library for the first time in forever (and discovered I had twenty cents in fines from 2006, oops). So that begs the question, what am I reading?

The main reason for hitting up the library was that I needed to get my hands on Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. Natalie lent me her copy of The Hunger Games and I ate that up completely, and when I saw they had the second book available at the library, I headed over immediately. I was slow on the uptake - as I was with the first book - but at least in this one I was already invested in the characters and storyline. I just finished the last few chapters last night and was in a tizzy because I need to know what happens next.

The second book I'm in the middle of reading is L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad. It may seem silly, but when I heard she authored a few novels, it piqued my interest. It's taking a little while to get into it but I'm not counting it out yet.

And finally, I picked up Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, but I haven't cracked it open yet. It's not for a lack of desire - I've been meaning to pick it up for months now - but I wanted to get through Catching Fire first and then I started on L.A. Candy as light bedtime reading. (Plus, I don't like to be reading more than two books at a time.) Now that I'm down to reading one book, I'll probably breeze through this one this weekend.

On the horizon is, obviously, Mockingjay because I nearly threw Catching Fire across the room when it ended. Other than that, I don't have anything specific in mind - I'll probably consult my to-read list on Goodreads and see what's available at the library.

What are you reading these days? Any recommendations?