Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wine and Love [Vol. 8].

 hosted by Nora!

Filling my wine glass...
  • Anxiety. For any major event, I usually get a healthy dose of underlying anxiety, even when I'm not actively stressed. Since BFF Wedding #1 is mere days away, my mind and body have been exhausting me with unnecessary fretting.
  • More rain. Please, Mother Nature, spare us from rain on Friday. Or, at least reserve it for the evening once we're all tucked inside the reception hall.
Filling my heart...
  • WEDDING FEVER. (You had to know that was coming.) Saturday night was Danielle's bachelorette party, which included a trip into NYC for dinner, karaoke, and dessert. On Tuesday I made a last-minute trip to be the witness for the submission of their marriage license application and helped print, fold and stamp letters for the welcome bags. E is in charge of picking up their marriage license (it's on his way to the church), the rehearsal dinner is tonight, and tomorrow one of my best friends is getting married! It's so surreal.
  • My boyfriend being generally awesome and listening to me excitedly rave and stress out about the wedding. And for letting me share his mozzarella sticks last Friday while we were out with his friends. And for agreeing to pick up the marriage license even though I totally volunteered him for the task before asking. He's a gem.
  • Pumpkin iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Also, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks and I'm getting one Saturday morning because that's when my coffee restriction ends (it doesn't always agree with me, otherwise I'd get one to sip during wedding prep).
  • Cooler weather. Despite the rain (boo!), I loved wearing jeans and a cardigan this week out of necessity. I'm a little sad about the departure of summer, but I'm so excited for fall.