Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 29].


{The backyard view of the across-the-street neighbors at my aunt & uncle's shore house.}

1. From your childhood, what do you miss most about summer vacation?
That feeling of pure, responsibility-free freedom. I miss how it felt to spend my mornings at swim class, the afternoons in the backyard or watching movies in our air-conditioned den, ending the day with an ice pop and contentedly falling asleep at night knowing the next day held the same schedule.

2. Are you going anywhere on vacation this summer?
Probably not anywhere special, save for a weekend trip (or two) to my aunt and uncle's shore house.

3. What foods do you like to barbecue?
Everything. Is that an appropriate response? Because everything tastes better grilled.

4. How do you celebrate the fourth of July?
Usually just at home, relaxing, then watching the NYC fireworks display on TV and catching a couple amateur neighborhood-hosted shows from my backyard. Nobody I know really has barbecues or parties, so I rarely get invited somewhere. Occasionally I get invited to go to a local town for a real fireworks show, but not a lot, and I'm not a fan of going on my own.

5. What’s your favorite beverage to drink in the summertime?
Plain ol' (ice cold) water, actually.

6. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
HARRY POTTER. I almost didn't answer this correctly, because I was going to say I didn't know any big movies coming up. Um, duh. The correct answer is always Harry Potter. I plan on going at midnight with my friends, if they're willing.

7. In the car: windows down or AC?
Depends on how hot it really is. If it's cool enough, I like to roll down the windows but if it's unbearably hot, I have to go with the AC.

8. Have you ever had a summer fling?
Nope.

9. Do you wear sunscreen?
Almost always, unless I forget or only plan on being outside for under an hour. I'm the palest person I know, so I know not to forget or else I turn into lobster girl.

10. Do you have any favorite summertime activities?
Hanging out in or by a pool, lounging in the backyard, wearing dresses, attending barbecues, and going to the shore.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.