Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 25].



1. What is the weather like in your city today?

Confession time: I write blog posts ahead of time to publish the following day. The forecast says it'll be in the low seventies, so it should look like the picture above, which I took last year around this time.

2. Do you like the zoo?
I haven't been to the zoo in such a long time, but I'm a fan. In fact, I'd probably like it more now than when I was an impatient little kid or a bratty teenager.

3. Do you eat coconut?
I'm assuming this refers to packaged, shaved coconut, because I've don't know how common fresh coconut is. But yes, I do eat it and I enjoy it.

4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
Yes and usually. Sometimes the nail doesn't go in straight and I get annoyed, but mostly I'm pretty good at it.

5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
For a little while, it was Wildwood. Now, no. Personally, I visit my aunt and her family at their shore house in South Jersey all the time.

6. How many pillows do you sleep with?
A lot, because I don't take my decorative pillows off the bed when I sleep. There are only three I actually use while sleeping.

7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Hit snooze and go back to sleep. But when I actually get up, I turn on my computer and open the shades in my room.

8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?
It depends. I was never a summer camp type of kid because I had major separation anxiety issues. If my kids seem outgoing and want to do it, then sure, but I wouldn't force them.

9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?
Sour cream or butter. I'm a simple kind of girl.

10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
Sure did! I loved swimming so much, I couldn't get enough of it. Getting up early in the summer and swimming in the mostly empty community pool is one of my favorite memories.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.