Monday, May 2, 2011

move over april, it's time for may.



My April has been absolutely fantastic, really and truly. Promises of warm weather were finally delivered just in time for Easter and I was able to pull dresses and skirts out of the dark corners of my closet.

I spent a lot of quality time with E (more on that later this week). I had movie and lunch dates with friends, bridesmaid dress shopping with Natalie, a wonderful Easter celebration with family, one house party with E’s friends to start off the month and another with my friends to close it out.

This month I finally started to seriously kick my nail-biting habit by painting them pretty colors and made a fairly regular habit of exercising. I’ve started making my annual list of springtime chores and have been working up the courage to start seriously job searching and making important doctor’s appointments.

April was still filled with navigating my emotions, but while it started out with a fair amount of angst, the last couple of weeks have been some of my absolute happiest. A trip to Ashley’s beach house yesterday dangled summer right in front of my face, so as sad as I am to see April go, I’m extremely excited for flip flops and beach trips.

A quick look at my resolutions for this month:

Get healthy. I was doing so, so well in the beginning of the month. Project No More Sugar was actually working, I was exercising five days a week, and I was eating fruits and veggies. Then Easter weekend hit and things went downhill from there, except for the exercising. Luckily that’s only been about a week of unhealthiness, and I’m hoping to get back on track starting today.

Work on my anxiety. With the exception of a few not-so-great car rides, I’ve been doing miles better. I’m still considering therapy, but it’s something I’ve been putting off thinking about (surprise, surprise).

Live in the moment. A little bit of no, but mostly a big fat yes.

Stay in touch. Trying! I saw several of my friends this month and have been in touch with anyone I haven’t seen.

Be me and stop worrying what other people think. Check! I did so well on this one – the big thing was letting go of all of my insecurities in my relationship, but I also did pretty good not stressing about my tendency not to drink a lot in the face of two house parties.

April’s goals were mostly a big, fat flop. The only thing I’m (mostly) decided on is where to self-host – I’m probably just sticking with Blogger because I like it and am used to it. Unless someone convinces me otherwise, that’s my decision. Be on the lookout for big changes soon!

Goals for May: make a written-out plan to improve my life; try two new recipes; schedule that damn dentist’s appointment and one with the lady doctor; apply to jobs; read at least one book; start replying to blog comments; get my blog redesigned.

Sounds exciting, doesn't it? I'm going to try really hard to focus on my goals this month instead of pushing them of in lieu of having lots of fun. May is one of my favorite months so I don't expect it to disappoint.