Tuesday, February 1, 2011

i'm kind of a big deal.

A few weeks ago, I was surprised with a lovely award from Angela at Lariats and Lavender - The Versatile Blogger award! Awards are my favorite because they make me feel Important and Special, so many thanks to Angela.



Rules!
  • Thank & Link back to the person who gave you the award
  • Answer 10 questions
  • Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
  • Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.
Questions!

1. Why did you create this blog?
The point of my blogging has always been to get things off my chest and recount events that take place in my day-to-day life. As for the creation of this specific blog, it was a step up from my Diaryland blog. I was mostly copy-catting my friend Melissa because something about this platform appealed to me.

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
I follow mostly personal blogs, along with a handful of topic-driven blogs, like those about being positive, crafting, and weddings.

3. Favorite Make-Up Brand?
I can't say I really have one. When I was a teenager I was quite partial to Maybelline, but nowadays I just buy whichever products work best for me.

4. Favorite Clothing Brand?
Forever 21. Again, I'm not really a brand loyalist and I don't shop for expensive clothes. Considering I shop most often at Forever 21, however, I guess it would qualify as my favorite.

5. Indispensable Make-Up Product?
This is a tough one. I would say my loose powder foundation from Maybelline, because I would be nothing without it. It's the one product I absolutely always put on if I'm going out or if people are coming over because it covers up my blemishes and the dark circles under my eyes. I can do without everything else - mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush - but I'm in love with my loose powder.

6. Favorite Color?
Pink!

7. Favorite Perfume?
I usually only use body spray and my favorite right now is Amber Romance from Victoria's Secret.

8. Favorite Film?
Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I can't really say why, but I have seen it so many times and think it's fantastic. My favorite part is when he takes over the parade and pretty much any time he talks or looks directly at the camera. Also? I'm pretty sure Matthew Broderick was my first celebrity crush.

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
Ireland. I'm half Irish and, for some reason, feel a strong connection to that part of my heritage. Going to Ireland always felt right to me. Now that I'm older and have seen pictures on the internet and from friends who visited there, the urge to go is even bigger. It's really the only place internationally that I'm dying to go visit.

10. Would you rather forget to put on mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?
Blush. I don't wear that much anyway, so it probably wouldn't be noticed if I only did one cheek.

Since I'm typing this up so late, I don't have the energy to look up bloggers to pass this on to at the moment (I know, I know, I'm such a spoil sport). Hopefully I'll find some time tomorrow, but regardless, anyone can feel free to take these questions and answer them.