Tuesday, January 11, 2011

three years old.

Three years ago today, I started this blog with a post about resolutions. It was the start of 2008 and the end of my silly crush on a friend. It was the middle of one of the best years of my life to date, when I roomed with three of my best friends and things were wonderful. It was before my first relationship, before my stress about my career, before I started dealing with health and anxiety issues.

Since then, my life has changed pretty drastically. I still feel like the same person, really - I mean, I still love all things dance and Tinkerbell, am obsessed with the color pink, love with all my heart, and laugh way too much. But a lot has happened. I graduated college, moved back home, stopped dancing, struggled with unemployment and not knowing what I want to do with my life, started and ended my first relationship, started my second relationship, and dealt with changing friendships. I watched my friends grow up, going to and finishing graduate school, getting jobs, figuring out their dreams, and getting engaged.

I chose the name Finding My Balance mostly because of my affinity for using dance references in relation to real life. Balance is an important thing to have as a dancer, but finding balance in life is also crucial. I tend to have an all-or-nothing attitude, so I'm constantly striving to find that balance.

My little corner of the web has been mostly quiet for these three years. I haven't gained too much popularity (like I kind of expected - and wanted - to happen) but I have acquired a lovely little group of friends. It's an unspoken resolution of mine to be in closer contact with both my followers and the people I follow, so be prepared for that.

In honor of my third blogoversary, as a thank you to all of my loyal readers (and also because it makes me feel Special and Important), I'm having my first-ever giveaway!



If you win, you'll receive a nice little package filled with the following goodies, pictured above:
  • cupcake-shaped post-its
  • a cute notepad
  • a sleep mask
  • mango lip butter from The Body Shop
  • a Kit-Kat bar (my favorite candy!)
  • one of my Christmas goody bags
  • a set of four magnets
The whole thing is very Cait-esque - basically, this is exactly the type of stuff I'd love to receive in my mailbox. (Also, I may be adding another item or two since I'm due for a trip to Target today and I never know what will catch my eye while I'm there.)

To enter, just leave a comment on this post. I encourage everyone - newbies, lurkers, and loyal readers alike - to come out of the woodwork and tell me a little something about yourself. Maybe a fun fact, or what your favorite pizza topping is, or anything you feel like sharing, really. The winner will be chosen on Sunday night and will be announced here on Monday.