Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 18].


{my bedroom window, decorated for Valentine's Day last year}

1. Do you decorate for Valentine’s day?

Absolutely! Everything about this holiday speaks to my girly side, so I deck my room out in reds, pinks, and hearts galore. You can see some of these decorations here.

2. Does your desktop have a picture or computer graphic? Is it organized?
I recently changed it to this lovely wallpaper from Kind Over Matter. My icons are ridiculously organized because arranging things, especially on my computer, helps me to de-stress sometimes and makes me feel productive.

3. Do you use a paper planner, electric planner or no planner at all?
Paper planner. I occasionally try using my Google Calendar, but I always say I'm going to be really on top of it and then I'm not. Having it on paper and with me at all times works much better for me.

4. Do you change purses or bags often or stick with a good thing?
In high school and even into college I switched it up a lot, but now I just stick with a good thing. I've been using the Kathy Van Zeeland that my aunt got me for graduation since I got it, which was in May 2009.

5. What’s your favorite YouTube Video?
As of this moment? This Harry Potter fan video. (Yes, I realize how geeky this makes me.)


6. Do you use Turbo Tax or a real person to pay your taxes?
I do them myself! My parents are financial geeks and I studied to be one, so I just do it myself. Of course, my taxes aren't that complicated at the moment, so it's not like it's too hard.

7. How many states have you set foot (or tire) in? Which ones?
Eleven, if I'm remembering everything. I live in New Jersey, so that's one. I've taken many trips to New York(2) and Pennsylvania(3) for a myriad of reasons, including a trip to the Poconos, trips to NYC, and a few visits to Rocking Horse Ranch as a kid. I was in Connecticut(4) for a SYTYCD show with friends and Ohio(5) and Maryland(6) for conferences while I was in college. My family drove to Florida(7) a few times for trips to Disney, so I've driven through Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia(8-11). Not bad considering I've never been farther east than Ohio.

8. How many countries have you been in? Which ones?
Just this one. I am a travel-phobe, so I haven't been anywhere else.

9. How many pillows are in your house? (Sleeping or decorative)
In my entire house? Um... a lot. Just counting the ones I can think of - on the beds and sofas in the house - 25. That definitely doesn't include all the extras hiding away in closets.

10. How cold is too cold for flip flops?
The earliest I break them out is usually in March.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.