Tuesday, December 7, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 14].


{pic by me}

1. What do you order at Starbucks?

If it's seasonally appropriate, a pumpkin spice latte. Otherwise, a green or chai tea latte, usually a tall, non-fat and no-whip.

2. Where is your favorite place to eat breakfast?
I'm not really a big breakfast person, so I don't have a favorite place to go.

3. Are you on Twitter? Why or why not?
Yup! (@princesscait) At first I didn't really get it, but after a month or so it made sense. I feel like I'm able to know people a little better by following what they say all day. Plus, it's easier to "talk" to someone over Twitter than just commenting back and forth on blogs.

4. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the original animated movie. It's not Christmas until I've watched it and, as much as I love the live-action movie with Jim Carrey, that one doesn't count. After that, I pretty much love all of them equally.

5. Are you a good gift giver?
I like to think I am, but you'd have to ask my friends that question. Most of the time, especially in more recent years, I try really hard to give my friends what I think they really want and/or need.

6. Do you like your handwriting? Bonus points for posting a picture.
No, but other people do. Everyone always compliments me but I'm a perfectionist, so even when it's relatively neat, I think it could be neater. You be the judge, I guess:





7. Is your signature legible? Bonus points for posting a picture.
Yeah, for the most part. I started signing my name as Cait and not Caitlin, so sometimes those last three letters come out sloppy.

8. Have you ever been to New York during Christmas season?
Yes I have! It was also my first real trip into the city to play tourist. I had a pretty good time - I went two years ago, in December, with my ex, his friend, and two of my friends. My favorite part was skating at Rockefeller Center, though I definitely wouldn't wait in line for that long again. The trip had a few sour notes because my ex orchestrated the trip and was, at the time, not a go-with-the-flow kind of person. Every snag in his plan stressed him (and me) out, so I would love to go again under different circumstances.

9. Are there any items that you are completely brand loyal?
Nothing really comes to mind. This is likely because my mother is the total opposite of a brand loyalist - she mostly buys things when they're on sale or when she has a coupon, so I grew up not sticking with just one brand.

10. Who is your favorite public speaker?
I don't have enough public speakers on my radar to be able to pick a favorite, so I'm going to give a generic answer and say Barack Obama. I always felt moved by his speeches and could tell that he was passionate about what he was saying. It annoys me when this quality is used against him, because all other things aside, I would rather have a well-spoken president than one who makes up words and can't pronounce things correctly.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.