Thursday, November 4, 2010

that time i beat martha stewart to the punch.

Martha Stewart's Gumdrop Pops project, published in the December 2008 issue of her magazine:



Please note, specifically, the Christmas tree:




The Christmas/Hanukkah Gingerbread Fortress, constructed by the members of the Residence Hall Association executive board '07-'08, in December 2007:



Please note, specifically, the gumdrop Christmas tree with sprinkle accents (my personal brain child):



Commence freak-out at the fact that I totally came up with this idea before Martha Stewart (or at least thought of it before she ever published it somewhere... which might then suggest that we share a brain).

To further prove my point, these are the Snowman Guards of our fortress that my friend constructed compared to Martha's:


It is, however, completely clear that I trumped Martha Stewart on gumdrop figurines with regards to fortress-moat-inhabiting alligators.



Boo-freaking-YAH.