Wednesday, October 27, 2010

bullet lists, how i love thee.

  • Sometimes I have a dream I love so much that it keeps me happy for the rest of the day. Like, I'll just stop what I'm doing and remember it and it brings a smile to my face. This probably means I'm a humongous weirdo.

  • I'm preparing a post about how I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was like, ten and how I don't think I've ever actually set foot in a pumpkin patch. I feel supremely deprived, which is why I'm finally getting a pumpkin (from Shoprite).

  • While Ash, Cort and I were waiting for the dancers after the So You Think You Can Dance show the other weekend, we discussed the discrepancy over what you call a store where you purchase food. The three of us call it a "food store" and say we're going "food shopping," but apparently most(?) people say "grocery store" and "grocery shopping." It was interesting to talk about because 1) I never realized people really said groceries and 2) now that I think about it, calling it the food store sounds really weird.

  • Reading my way through the Harry Potter series for the second time is really weird. Most of Prisoner of Azkaban was hard to get through because they demonize Sirius Black, but it was worth it once I got to the moment when Harry finds out who he is.

  • Speaking of which, I am seriously going to lose my shit when I go to see the first part of Deathly Hallows next month. Every time they show a commercial, I stop everything and watch intently, and then I'm overcome with excitement. I really should hurry up to make plans and figure out who wants to go see it with me. (Any takers? I'm looking at you, Melissa... I mean, we met over Harry Potter, I feel like we're destined to see it together.)

  • I'm already Christmas shopping, and I'm equal parts proud of and disgusted at myself for thinking about it this early. Methinks I'll go with something homemade this year for at least part of everyone's gift considering I don't have the biggest budget. I also need to get started on making cards because I want to make them fancier than last year (as if anybody really cares about the details except me).