Wednesday, October 6, 2010

thursday tidbits.


{via}
  • I've been thinking too much about Halloween costumes, probably because I'd rather do that than worry about the serious things in my life. Considering I haven't been invited anywhere, I probably won't need a costume for anything other than answering the door to hand out candy, but just in case I have two options: Hermione Granger or Katy Perry (a la California Gurls, but not the cotton candy or whipped cream outfits). But, if I end up only needing a costume for trick-or-treat duties? I'll probably just be a princess. Or a black cat. Again.

  • Hi, my name is Cait and I have Wedding Fever. Since it's basically my dream to be a wedding planner, I've always been a little over-obsessed. Before this month, I had a few blogs that I followed, but most of the time I just skimmed the entries. But now that my friends are talking more seriously about getting married in the next few years, the subject has been on my mind. I've recently tracked down more blogs and saturated my brain with everything wedding-related. Pretty crazy, since I'm the only one out my little circle of college friends who's not in a long-term relationship and am probably the farthest from actually getting married. In fact, I'll probably end up as the crazy cat lady. A wedding-obsessed crazy cat lady.

  • Speaking of weddings... one of my best friends got engaged on Sunday and I am over the moon about it! As soon as she said, "I have something to tell you," I was 99% sure what she was going to say next. I'm just all swoony about it because she's the first in our group, and her boyfriend FIANCE is amazing and I just... ahhhh! Melissa put it perfectly when she texted me this reaction: "OMG WE'RE GOING TO A WEDDING!" Which is jumping the gun a bit (okay, a lot), because I'm pretty sure the actual wedding won't be for a while, but it summed up how I felt completely.

  • Why are all my television shows making me cry? And I don't just mean getting misty-eyed, I mean full-on sobbing. First it was Project Runway last week, with bringing the moms in and then everything that happened with Mondo. Then Glee was totally emotionally jarring on Tuesday with the Burt Hummel storyline... ugh. More happy! Maybe I'll just go watch the Britney episode of Glee again (which was EPIC).

  • Apparently I still have a middle-school mentality about boys because, when discussing my crush with my friends recently, I shuddered at the suggestion to be the first one to make a move. I think I'm doomed to shyness and social awkwardness for the rest of my life.

  • I bought a bag of Jolly Ranchers the other day at Target, and holy blast from the past, Batman! My teachers in elementary school always had Jolly Ranchers in their snack jar as "prizes" for being good, and I really haven't had them since then. It was amazing, but I'm not a fan of the blue raspberry flavor (which wasn't an original). I'm a green apple and watermelon girl all the way.