Friday, October 1, 2010

fashion friday: month five of six months, six dresses.


Although I like to associate cooler autumn weather with September, the reality is that it still feels a lot like summer for most of the month. This has been particularly true this year, as it was still muggy and warm this entire week despite the rain. So for that reason and not at all because I ran out of time this month, I'm featuring another sundress and this is one that I already owned.

I believe I picked this up at Kohls on a total whim two years ago. I was looking for a simple, summery dress and thought the bright green would be a good addition to my wardrobe. This dress gets worn to death because it's so fitting in so many situations, to the point that the little plastic bits on the adjustable straps both broke at the beginning of this summer. Luckily I was able to sew the straps and continue to wear it. The following are just *a few* of the occasions at which the dress made an appearance.


Lady Lumps getaway in Seaside on the boardwalk, with Kohr's custard and taffy, 2008.


Annual visit to the shore house, 2008.


Grandpa's 80th birthday, 2009.


Ashley's 25th birthday party, local edition, 2010.


Natalie's grad school luau-themed graduation party, 2010.

Needless to say, it was a really good purchase. Not only have I worn it to parties or at the beach, but it's comfy and works as an around-the-house outfit as well. It is by far the piece of clothing I pick most often out of my closet in the summer, and I always get a little sad when I have to pack it away for the winter.

{This post is part of a series called Six Months, Six Dresses dreamed up by the ever-lovely and inspiring Kyla Roma. I'm actually straying a bit from her idea by including dresses I already own and starting in May instead of April. If you wanna get in on the fun, click the banner above and join us!}