Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 7].

At the barre
{via}

1. Pretend it’s Monday morning–take us through a day in the life of you.

I'm going to pretend it's a good Monday morning and not one where I'm completely off of a healthy schedule. I get up around 10, do a little yoga, make my bed, then head downstairs for breakfast. I almost always have scrambled eggs with a dash of hot sauce and lots of shredded cheese along with either rye toast or an English muffin. Then I come back upstairs, check e-mail, and get dressed.

For the sake of making it interesting, let's pretend I have work. I leave around 12:15, get to work at 1 and stay for three or four hours. Then I come home, sometimes stopping at Starbucks on the way, sometimes going out to run errands at Target or the mall. Once I'm home I eat dinner, catch up on blogs, and watch TV with my mom (and sometimes my brother).

I usually stay up to catch Craig Ferguson, then I shower and am in bed by 1 or 2am. Before I go to sleep, I read a little bit of the Bible, then either read a book or play my Nintendo DS.

2. What’s your favorite reality TV show?
So You Think You Can Dance.

3. What motto do you live by?
The quote that goes something like: "Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day." Sometimes I can get pretty down about my life in general, but I rarely have a day when I feel like everything went terribly. I can't understand people who can let one event "ruin" a day - at the end of the day, I can almost always pick out at least a few things that made me smile.

4. If you knew could you try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt?
Opening a dance studio. Auditioning for dance-related things (like a dance team for a sports team, back-up dancer in a music video, a Broadway show... the list goes on and on).

5. What was your first job?
Babysitting. I took care of a few kids on my block when their parents needed a date night, was a "buddy" for a friend of mine who's a few years younger than me and has diabetes, and took care of my younger cousins over the summer. My first "real" job was working at a teeny tiny branch of a publishing company.

6. What is your current job?
I'm actually still working at that same publishing company. Since it's not a big business and the work I do isn't consistent, I was able to work part-time through high school and college.

7. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name (and you cannot pick the one you already have)?
When I was little, I wanted my name to be Stephanie. That was my preschool BFF's name and I loved it. Whenever I played house with anyone, I would declare that to be my pretend name. I still really like it, so that's what I would pick.

8. What musical instruments can you play?
Piano and flute. Well, at least I think I can still play flute. I only played for two years - in fourth and fifth grade - and I was really good at it, but I have no idea where my flute is now.

9. Is it easier to forgive or forget?
Forgive, because forgiveness gives you some semblance of closure. Even if I tried hard, I probably wouldn't be able to just forget if someone wronged me. I've done it when I had to, but forgiveness is a beautiful (albeit sometimes incredibly difficult) thing, and I try to practice it whenever possible.

10. What is one food you’d never want to taste again?
Swiss cheese. And mustard, if condiments count. Just... gross.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.