Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ten on tuesday [vol. 2].

1. If given the opportunity, would you choose a mediocre job that paid well or your dream job that paid poorly?

Even though I don't have that much money to my name at the moment, I would still choose my dream job. My first instinct was, because of my situation, to pick the mediocre job and more money so I can build up my finances, but then I realized life's too short to sacrifice happiness. If I was being paid poorly for a job I love, I would work extra hard to save and budget my money.

2. What is your favorite thing about the 4th of July? (For the foreigners: What is your impression of the 4th of July?)

Everything. (Can I say everything?) I love the barbecues, the American spirit, that it's in the summer, and fireworks. But, I suppose if I had to pick a favorite part of all that, it would definitely be the fireworks.

3. What’s the most random fact you know about American history?

I'm not sure how random this is, but Clara Barton was the founder of the American Red Cross. I also know that the teddy bear was named after Theodore Roosevelt. (Both of those facts are due to school reports I had to prepare for school.)

4. What is the best fireworks display you’ve ever seen?

I won't count the Macy's show on TV because, although it's fantastic, I haven't seen it in person. The best professional display I've seen was in the next town over a few years ago; it's also the only professional show I've attended. A close second has to be my grandparents' former neighbors down the shore. Their house was right on the bay and some of the neighbors put on a pretty decent amateur show.

5. Who taught you how to put on makeup?

My aunt gave me a lot of general tips (how much blush to use, "more is less," etc.), but I learned actual application from watching my friend Emily and my cousin. I also picked up on general techniques when my mother used to do my stage makeup for dance recitals and competitions. Otherwise I kind of taught myself by trial and error.

6. Have you ever gone through a financial planning process? Tell us about it.

Not really. I'm terrible at planning in any respect, especially with my finances. The closest I've come is probably figuring out budgets when I was on the executive board of RHA in college.

7. What was your favorite outfit as a kid? Bonus points for pictures.



This wasn't my hands-down, wore-it-to-death absolute favorite outfit (I don't think I really had one of those), but I remember liking it a lot. Otherwise, I was a fan of floral print and matching sweatpants-and-sweatshirt outfits.

8. Do you prefer a beach, lake, swimming pool, or no water?

I have always loved the water. I absolutely love swimming in pools. The beach is a close second, although I have a small fear of getting pummeled by the waves and swept out to sea. I've actually never been anywhere near a lake, so I don't know how I feel about it.

9. Do you recycle? If not, why?

I try to recycle whenever possible. We recycle cans and bottles in my house so it's become a habit. I actually find it strange when people don't do it - when I went to college, I was surprised that people would toss bottles away in the regular garbage because I'm so used to recycling.

10. What are your thoughts and feelings about the Twilight Saga?

I haven't read the books or seen the movies, and I don't really care to get into it. It seems over hyped, and though I might pick up the books and try reading them eventually, I don't think I'm going to be a fan.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by Roots and Rings.