Tuesday, July 13, 2010

geekery.

Today I woke up and took a look at my calendar from yes and yes, and it told me that today was the day to embrace my geekiness. Well, then.

geek: A person who is interested in technology, especially computing and new media; A person with a devotion to something in a way that places him or her outside the mainstream

- Wikipedia

For a long time I tried to hide my geeky side - I still do it sometimes, out of habit. But, it became harder and harder to deny that side of my personality. I think it fully developed in high school, when I spent weekends designing a website for a computer game I played and nights on AIM playing Gunbound (thanks to Kyle for that reminder of how I spent my entire junior year), and I developed a hardcore Harry Potter obsession. Still, I was in denial. Trust me when I tell you that those around me knew I was a complete geek, I just hadn't accepted that fact for myself yet.

In college, a time when everyone is encouraged to "start fresh," I think I just let go of inhibitions and completely embraced my geekiness. I no longer denied my love of video games and I developed a strong love for the interwebs, what with all the time I spend blogging and on Twitter. I geeked out over all things dance and Disney and nobody was going to stop me.

I didn't really have much else to say about my inner geek until I was surfing along the internet this afternoon and found NerdyShirts.com. It was only appropriate that I share with you some of the shirts that I am now coveting.


ZOMG, I *heart* Doug. I nearly peed my pants over this one.


Harry Potter 4eva. Seriously. Is it November yet? I can haz Deathly Hallows plz?


Yes. Just... yes.


Princess Peach was a video game character created especially for me, I'm sure of it.

If that doesn't convince you that I'm a proud geek, just remember that I have a hard time not using hashtags outside of Twitter. #itsjustsofun #dontjudgeme