Monday, July 12, 2010

some scrapbooking.

Last weekend was my grandmother's 80th birthday bash, and as I mentioned, I made her a wonderful scrapbook. My mom gathered pictures from our stash and my aunt's, then scanned all the pictures in and had them printed. At that point, the bulk of the work was placed in my hands because I am the Martha Stewart Scrapbooking Queen of the Family. So I got to work.


Yes, I own quite a lot of Sharpie markers. And I love them.

Scrapbooking is such a time investment. You have to cut out pictures, figure out where they'll go, glue them down, add flare with handwritten things and stickers... I was creatively drained at the end of it. We did the bulk of it the week before the party and by the last day, I was letting my mom make decisions because I simply didn't want to figure it out myself anymore. But, it got finished.

I don't want to overload this post with pictures, so here are a carefully chosen few.

Wedding!
My grandparents on their wedding day!

Kids: Young'uns!
My mom, aunt and uncle, who all look ridiculously adorable.

Kids: Weddings.
Everyone gettin' hitched. That's my mom and dad on the upper left!

Grandkids: Births, Walsh Edition.
The cutest grandkids: my brother and I, obviously.

Grandkids: Young and Adorable.
All the cousins in our toddler years.

Last page.
My grandparents.

If you'd like to see the rest, they're up on my flickr. They're in reverse order, so if you want to go from start to finish, start here and go backwards.

Both of my grandparents adoredthe finished product, which is all I cared about. It was also fun to see everyone else's reactions to the old photos. Overall I felt the project was a little rushed and that I was too much under the direction of my mother, but it came out good for what it is. (Basically, I could do better. Sorry mom!)

-----

Do me a favor and click through if you're not already viewing my actual blog, because I added some banners off to the side that are of extreme importance. One is to vote for LiLu to be the very first MTV TJ, which she clearly should be because she's amazing. (If you're on Twitter, you should also follow her @LivitLuvit.) The other is to vote for Emily in the WeddingBells blog contest because she is also amazing and definitely deserves the grand prize, which includes a very lovely honeymoon for her and her hubby-to-be. So go be The Awesome Internet that you are and get voting!