Friday, June 25, 2010

fashion friday: month two of six months, six dresses.


My dress for the month of June is one that I actually purchased in the same month that I’m showing it to you. A few weeks ago, courtesy of Rue La La*, I got a nice bargain on a super cute (but super plain) raspberry tube dress from American Apparel.

When it arrived at my doorstep, I tried in on and was a little concerned because it looked very blah on its own and the fabric was laying really strangely on me, bunching up in weird places. But, after a little creative brainstorm, I pulled a few pieces out of my wardrobe and made it work fabulously.

My first idea was to add a black, stretchy, front-clasped belt, which worked but also made it look very dressy. It would definitely be great for a nicer party, but I had bought the dress for something more casual, like a backyard barbecue. That brought me to my second idea – layering a white tank underneath and adding a large necklace – and I am very pleased with how it turned out.

This picture is from Wednesday, which is when I attended Mark’s brother’s graduation party. I got plenty of compliments on how cute I looked and was happy it looked at good as I’d hoped it would.



I’ve been indulging in a lot of new dresses recently that I haven’t had the occasion to wear just yet, so stay tuned for lots of prettiness, including a beautiful dress I found for a wedding I’m attending in August.

{This post is part of a series called Six Months, Six Dresses dreamed up by the ever-lovely and inspiring Kyla Roma. I'm actually straying a bit from her idea by including dresses I already own and starting in May instead of April. If you wanna get in on the fun, click the banner above and join us!}


*Interested in joining Rue La La, where really awesome brands are offered for some pretty nice discounts? Click here, sign up and you're in. And big thanks to Jamie for the hookup in the first place!