Friday, January 8, 2010

ten fun facts.

Today I turn twenty-three, and like last year, I'm finding it really, really weird. Anything past twenty-one is a weird age for me. I definitely don't feel my age at all. If you asked me and I wasn't paying attention, I would probably tell you I'm still eighteen. Or sixteen. Or, you know, twelve.

In honor of my birthday, I'm sharing ten fun facts about myself. Last year I posted twenty-two truths (and started off this paragraph the same! exact! way!), and although I was trying for twenty-three facts for today, I couldn't do it. Because I procrastinated. And I'm tired now. Right.

1. When I was younger I took both flute and piano lessons. I can definitely still play piano and could probably pick the flute back up easily.

2. I have a surprising affinity for rap and R&B music. This shocks most people who don’t know me well (see: my entire freshmen floor) because I seem to be your typical shy, quiet, nerdy and socially-awkward girl. However. I also took hip hop dance classes for seven years and am relatively good (this is equally as shocking for some people), so I’ve grown to really like listening to that type of music.

3. Speaking of dancing, my dream job is to be a backup dancer for Britney Spears or Lady Gaga. For serious.

4. When I was a baby, I never ever took naps. This usually amuses everyone because now I sleep whenever possible.

5. In high school, I was a layout editor for our yearbook. I actually never applied for the position because I thought I’d be doing dance team, but then that fell through. I attended the first few meetings of the year and hung out with the other layout editors because they were my close friends. I guess the advisors noticed and figured they needed one more editor, so I was appointed. It was seriously one of the best days of high school.

6. I am extremely organized when it comes to putting my clothes in dresser drawers. I cannot fathom just throwing shirts and shorts and things in there all willy-nilly. I tried once and just couldn’t do it.

7. I’m allergic to penicillin. Like, in a really bad, all-my-joints-swell-up kind of way. I’m also allergic to random fruits and vegetables, like apples, carrots, pears and peaches, but that’s in a non-life-threatening way.

8. One of my favorite things when I was a kid was having a double driveway. Most houses on our street have driveways that are only wide enough for one row of cars, but we have room for two rows. This meant I had plenty of room to draw all over with chalk, one of my absolute favorite things to do.

9. For a really long time, I didn't like chocolate at all. Now I adore it for the most part except for chocolate ice cream.

10. We've had only two pets in my house during my life: a black cat named Nigel and a hamster named Lilly. Nigel was around from before I was born and lived for eighteen years (which is FREAKING LONG for a cat). Lilly was my hamster and I had her from around eighth grade until sophomore or junior year of high school.