Saturday, September 6, 2008

mish mash

This might just be me, but it seems like every time I'm sick and am diagnosed, the symptoms get worse as soon as I know what they are.

Apparently, I have coxsackievirus, or hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD). Sounds just wonderful, doesn't it? Basically, it's a random virus that usually only kids get. I guess I'm just lucky. I'm guaranteed a week's worth of sores in my entire mouth. See, prior to the doctor's visit, I just had them on my tonsils and my throat area, which is really not so bad. Really. Because now, I'm noticing all the little sores on the insides of my lips, on my gums, and on my tongue. It fucking kills.

The only thing so far to successfully soothe the soreness is drinking green tea with honey. I tried Vitamin C drops, zinc, hot tea (not green tea).. nothing. Only the green tea. At least there's something helping me, I guess.

*

It is incredibly difficult to be the optimistic one in a relationship. I'm getting tired of repeating myself, of pointing out every positive only to be met with an unenthusiastic "yeah, I guess." I pride myself on thinking positive and not letting things get me down, and whenever possible, spreading that way of thinking to others. I guess this is a challenge of how strong my optimistic tendencies are.

*

I've been seeing a lot of talk about politics recently in the blogosphere. I have to mention that I too am scared pretty shitless by Sarah Palin. Within minutes of seeing her on my TV giving her VP acceptance speech, I wanted to punch her in the face. That sentiment is only being multiplied as I find out more about her. To think that, if McCain gets elected and (heaven forbid) something happens to him, she would be next in line? I think I just seriously crapped my pants.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ow ow ow ow ow just reading about your HMFD makes my tongue sore! It sounds awfullll, I hope you get tons better really really soon! Ack!!

Also, "Within minutes of seeing her on my TV giving her VP acceptance speech, I wanted to punch her in the face"? Best imagery ever.

I think you could take her.