Tuesday, April 22, 2008

i hate mondays

Today was a sucky day.

First, I started the day with a grand total of three hours of sleep. Yes, three. After spending five hours on an Excel problem that I thought would take about an hour.

I got a response to an e-mail I sent to my Accounting Information Systems professor, which borderline-angrily accused her of giving out points for an assignment based on attendance. Of course, I sent that e-mail at around 4am, after the guys told me what I'd missed on Thursday, and before actually thinking about what they really meant. So basically, the response was uber confrontational and slightly bitchy, and it made me upset. Mainly because I dislike confrontation, but also because I felt bad about the wording of the e-mail in the first place.

My e-mail seemed to hate me today, because I also got one from the recruiter I e-mailed about a summer internship, asking for my GPA. Great. Better just cross that one off the list. It was just a big slap in the face about how hard it's going to be to get an internship with the terrible grades I have.

Additionally, I went way over budget for Lion's Fest stuff, and I failed to keep everything on separate receipts. Meaning, I'm only getting about $50 in cash for my supplies, and I spent close to $100. In both cases, I bought other things for my own personal use, so I can't submit those receipts. Good job, self.

But, at the end of the day, I went out and bought new black sneakers (which I'd been wanting for a while now), a pair of cute brown sandals, and a yoga DVD. Yay, shopping.

No comments: