Friday, January 11, 2008

Resolutions

First let me say, I predicted my arrival to Blogger just a few short days ago when I posted this entry. I have a bad habit of jumping from blog to blog, but hopefully I'll stay here even after the newness wears off. But for now, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my new and shiny blog. Shiiiiiiiny.

Right.

This year I made the same typical resolutions that I, along with many people, have made every year - eat healthier and exercise more. (I also resolved to work harder at school to get better grades, and to regulate my sleep schedule, but those are two things you'll hear a lot more about later on). The difference with this year is that I actually made the effort to follow these resolutions, whereas in past years... I basically ignored them.

One of my main goals is to get back my dancer's body. I've managed to maintain my flexibility pretty well, probably actually increasing it with my renewed passion for dance. However. I used to have one awesomely flat stomach, and it is the one thing I wish I'd never lost. So I've been stretching and doing crunches almost every day, and it is actually paying off. How do I know? Today I put on a pair of jeans, and you can guess what happened next. They. Were. Loose. SUCCESS. Additionally, from what I can tell, I've been eating more healthy food and less junk. Which, if I can accomplish that in this house - where my mother makes sure to keep various fruit snacks, chips, and candies fully stocked and available - then I should be absolutely fine back at school.

Another resolution that happened today doesn't pertain to New Years, but to the end of something that was on my mind constantly for the past few weeks. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but basically, I needed to have a conversation with someone about something pretty important. And today, we finally discussed and resolved the issue. All I can say is that, while it's not what I was hoping for, it was far from the worst case scenarios I played out in my twisted mind. Overall, I'm okay with where we stand.

And with that, I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

WELCOME TO BLOGGER

oh I'm so glad you are heeere

p.s. the issue is only semi-resolved, until we find out WHAT IS "COMPLICATED"!?!

BurningSky said...

Welcome to a vastly superior blogging site..:-P

Now that you are here, consider yourself on my list of links, and enjoy your stay..:-)