Friday, January 18, 2008

Just popping in

My original plan was to write a blog last night about the joys of my workplace. I clearly never got around to it, and I'm too tired to write it now. But no worries, dear readers (yes, both of you). I will let you in on the behind-the-scenes action of the company that organizes the translation of Japanese engineering articles into English and then (yes, there's more!) publishes them.. just not today. It's obvious that you're on the edge of your seats.

Until then, I'll tide you over with a list. I love lists, by the way. My mother raised me to appreciate them (as well as coupon clipping and bargain-hunting, like buying the dress for your eighth grade dance for $20 at the late Bradlee's). So I present to you...

The List of All the Awesome Movies Out that I Want to See. Preferably in the Theater.
  • 27 Dresses. Weddings + Katharine Heigl+ James Marsden + romantic comedy plotline + FREAKING WEDDINGS = Cait Movie*
  • Cloverfield. This is the complete opposite of what I classify as my favorite type of movie, but I have to stop being a wimp.. or at least try. It looks genuinely frightening without begin gory, yet not believable enough that I would actually be afraid to ever set foot in any city ever again.
  • The Bucket List. Adorable. Two old men who do all this awesome stuff before they die. And bond over it when they would have nothing else in common. Yes, please.
  • Mad Money. This was a last-minute addition to the list, because I keep forgetting about it. Anything that shows me that Katie Holmes isn't a robot is pretty okay in my book. Plus, it has Queen Latifa, who I adore. This isn't a must-see, but I figured I'd stick it here in "the list."
  • Juno. Yes, still. I never see the really good movies right away, and by now I'm pretty sure everyone I know has seen it. I am dying to see it. I've heard nothing but amazing and wonderful things about it.
  • How She Move. It's dance. And hip hop, at that. I'll disregard that I'll be extremely out of place in the theater, but it's a must-see on my list.
  • Meet the Spartans. I almost forgot about this one. I keep seeing commercials that I find hilarious, but never remember to add it to my mental list of movies to see. I know spoof films are getting old, but this one looks decent. Maybe I'll wait until it goes to DVD.
  • P.S., I Love You. See notes on Juno. Except I don't know how many of my friends have seen it.
  • Definitely, Maybe. It has Ryan Reynolds, who I find incredibly attractive and funny. I'm seeing it.
  • Step Up 2 the Streets. Clever title, Step Up creators. Again, a dance movie. It's a default.
*Cait Movie: A term used by my friends, usually my roommates, when they have seen/witnessed something that they know I would love. Because my tastes are basically this - I love anything cutesy, romantic, funny, dance-related, high-energy, and/or completely and utterly cheesy. Some examples would be Legally Blonde: The Musical and High School Musical.

There you have it, my beautiful movie list. If only I had the money to actually spend on seeing all of these.

Enough parenthetical additions (I think). It's time for bed.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I haven't seen P.S. I Love You yet!!!

Also, I love lists too! We should make a club.

That's all.