Monday, October 1, 2012

Hello October.

[]

Happy October, friends!

If you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I love new beginnings. The start of a new season, month, or even a fresh new week inspires me to create goals and a “clean slate.” So the fact that today is not only the start of a new week, but also the first of the month? Time to push the reset button.

October is the true beginning of fall, the first full month of the season. Chilly weather, pumpkin EVERYTHING, and the anticipation of the holidays gives me so much energy. On top of that, I’ve finally stopped resisting and hating my new nine-to-five schedule; I’ve accepted that this is how adult life is.

That being said, I think it’s time to ease back into some of the things I “gave up” when I started working, blogging being one of them. I’m also going to get back to making some improvements in my life – finishing up my dental work (I still have quite a few cavities), making a doctor’s appointment for an annual physical and to get some advice about my IBS, and looking into therapy as a more serious option.

It feels right to be blogging again and I’m thinking that this time it will stick. Hopefully you’re all still with me… or at least some of you are.

Does autumn inspire you? What changes are you making in your life these days?

Also, I would definitely love any and all advice on how to go about finding a therapist. The main reason I continue to put it off is that it seems so incredibly daunting. Shoot me a quick e-mail if you’ve had experience seeing a therapist/counselor!