Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wine and Love [Vol. 24].

 hosted by Suki!

Filling my wine glass...
  • I'm feeling under the weather again. It's not the same issue I had a few weeks ago - that turned out to be a reaction to Zyrtec - but still annoying. I took a day off yesterday after being really foggy all Tuesday afternoon, but then felt guilty. Since it's not a specific sickness (like a cold or stomach thing) but a general 'blah' feeling, I feel like I can't justify calling out sick.
  • Erik's on vacation with his friends this week, which means our conversations are shorter or non-existent. I made a rule for myself that I won't nag/bother him about being in touch because I want him to enjoy his time there. In fact, I explicitly said he should only text or call if he has free time, not because he feels obligated to talk to me. I'm glad that he's having a good time, but it makes me extra lonely.
  • I'm still not loving my job. What's worse is that, because it's my nature to feel responsible and think about others, I don't want to quit because I know that would put them in a position for the work to get overloaded again. Silly, I know, because it's not my problem... but that's making it harder. I guess I'll start looking for other jobs and until I find something better (meaning, something within 10 minutes of my house that pays higher than this one), I'll stick around.

Filling my heart...
  • I FINALLY GOT MY IPHONE. Yes, that gets all caps. I've been so obsessed with everything about it. It makes my work days go by faster, I can look anything up instantly, and I can finally document my day better by taking tons of Instagram photos. Oh, and playing endless games of Draw Something, of course.
 So glad to finally have Instagram!
  • My parents are on a mini vacation this week, which is good for two reasons. One, my brother and I get a freebie take-out dinner (we got pizza). Two, I didn't get a total guilt trip for taking a sick day yesterday.
  • My brother introduced me to Arizona Iced Tea and honestly, I don't know why I haven't been drinking it all my life. I'm currently drinking - and loving! - the peach iced tea.
  • My best friend, Danielle, is officially a doctor! She graduated from medical school this week and starts her residency in a few weeks. So proud of her!
  • I don't think I mentioned it here, but Natalie's maid of honor invited us to her wedding. It was a really nice gesture because it was after she explained how she has so many guests that even some must-haves are on the B-list. But she's so close with Nat and her family that she wanted Erik to be there, so she invited him and me. How sweet! So now I have another wedding to attend this summer. Excited!
  • Oh, and did I mention that Erik graduated last week? So proud of him even though he thinks it's not a big deal. I couldn't go to the ceremony - stupid work - but Natalie sent me a few pictures. Here's my fave: