Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March & April Goals.

 {}

March was... okay, I guess. I made progress with some goals, completely ignored others, and started getting ahead of my schedule.

12 Changes

In March, I was going to attempt doing two changes: exercising three days a week, which I didn't accomplish in February, and reduce my sugar intake. For whatever reason, the exercising just isn't happening. I think it's because I don't have a normal schedule and if I have other things to do, I set my mind on getting those done instead of exercising first. So for now, I'm putting it back on the list and tackling it some other time.

Reducing sugar has been going pretty well, actually. I've become more aware of how much of it I eat and I try to avoid it whenever possible. Though I'm not sticking strictly to my plan, I've definitely reduced my intake, which is what I hoped to accomplish. The part about eliminating it is mostly a challenge to myself to break the habit; I'm looking into legitimate sugar cleanses that give more instruction on how to stop, so hopefully I'll do that sometime soon.

In April, I want to continue a change I'm already working on: get on a regular sleep schedule. I get up every day around noon, which is an improvement from my old "normal," 2pm. Now I'm inching back a little every day in preparation for the wedding -- I have a hair appointment at 9am that day and would rather have 8am feel normal than be four hours earlier than my normal wake-up time.

1. Take vitamins/probiotic daily
2. Exercise at least three days a week
3. Craft at least once a week
4. Journal daily
5. Read every day (from a book, not a blog/the internet)
6. Reduce sugar intake
7. Reduce processed food intake
8. Limit time spent online
9. Put at least $10 from every paycheck in savings
10. Drink more water
11. Get on a regular sleeping schedule

(Note: I still hadn't figured out my 12th change, and since I didn't succeed with exercising, I'm just going to omit a final change and count out February.)

Digital Day Off


I keep meaning to write about my digital day off as soon as it happens, but I always forget! I think I cheated a bit, checking e-mail in the morning and at night.

A Goal a Month

For March, I wanted to read one of my non-fiction books. I haven't finished, but I did start reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I took forever to start because I was reading the book for March's #twookclub, but I'm glad I did because it's really good so far.

In April, I want to do a week of healthy, clean eating. Or, as close to it as possible. I'm toying with the idea of going on a regimented diet the week before the wedding, avoiding processed and sugary foods as much as possible. Breakfast every day would be eggs and toast, lunch would be salad with shrimp, and dinner would be either what my mom serves (if I deem it "healthy") or chicken with rice/pasta and veggies. I'd also stock up on healthy snacks of fruits, veggies with hummus, and crackers and cheese.

What goals are you setting for April?