Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Busy, busy, busy!

Life has been crazy, friends.

Last week we got all the big work done on our downstairs half-bathroom - the plumber put in a new sink and toilet and we got new flooring in the bathroom and entrance hallway. Tuesday was stressful as we had one bathroom so share between four people, three of whom tend to have nervous stomachs. I scrambled to fix the walls behind the plumbing before heading out to stay with my grandparents and aunt for a few days. When I returned, I got to see the finished product.

(I wish I had "before" pictures to show you because this is a VAST improvement. Just imagine tacky pastel-floral-print wallpaper, a deteriorating toilet, and white linoleum tile flooring that was un-cleanable. )



In the midst of my visit with family, I got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview for a job I had applied for. After a phone interview last Wednesday and an in-person interview yesterday, I'm SO happy to say that I finally have a job! It's such a relief, even though it added a bunch of stress to my plate for a little while.

On Sunday, we hosted an Easter party with family, which wasn't stressful itself but was tiring and busy. At the end of the night I was exhausted and on the verge of tears when Erik decided to leave early (instead of hanging out 'til 10 or 11pm) because I was so overwhelmed.

Additionally, Natalie's wedding is less than two weeks away and her bachelorette party is this Saturday, and Melissa's shower is also this Saturday morning. I've been busy figuring out what to wear, ironing out plans, and making sure I have everything I need.

So yeah, things have been busy, but in the best ways possible. Life is so unpredictable that way.