Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wine and Love [Vol. 15].

 hosted by Nora!

Filling my wine glass...
  • Erik started his semester on Monday and it's proving to be just as challenging as he expected. He doesn't make it sound too bad, but I know it is and I can tell it's going to wear on him for the first few weeks. It bums me out even though I know he'll be fine once he gets used to it.
  • I went in for my dental appointment yesterday and it turns out they scheduled me for the wrong dentist. It didn't occur to me to just have the other dentist do my fillings until I left, but I figured I'm more comfortable with my dentist anyway. I'm rescheduled for tomorrow.
  • I keep trying to get to bed earlier, but it never happens. Then I'm always angry when I wake up super late the follow day. I really need to get my act together.

Filling my heart...
  • The very beginning stages of top secret plans for a certain bride-to-be (which I cannot discuss further, seeing as the aforementioned bride-to-be reads this blog!)
  • Making plans for Valentine's Day with Erik. We decided we should copy what we did last year - cook and eat dinner together - and make it a 'tradition,' at least until we have disposable income to go on fancier dates. Or, maybe we'll stick with it after that! Anyway, I'm figuring out the menu and a few little gifts, and it makes me really giddy.
  • It's that time again where being in a wedding gives me an excuse to buy new shoes! We're allowed to get whatever we want, and since I'm already taller than Erik than I'd like to be, flat sandals it is.
  • Since I want a blog redesign so badly but don't want to spend the money for it at this time, I started messing around with ideas I can do by myself. I can't wait to spruce up this place just a bit!