Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ten on Tuesday [Vol. 49].

{
1. What’s your variety of apple?
I'm allergic to apples. It's sad, I know. My allergy developed in my teens so I ate apples when I was young, but my mom only ever got us red delicious apples. They were pretty yummy.

2. Do you prefer Long-English or Field cucumbers?
I've never tried long-english cucumbers, I don't think. Field cucumbers all the way, and I think they're delish.

3. Tomatoes – Delicious or disgusting?
Delicious!

4. What’s one fruit or vegetable that you can’t stand and why is that?
Beets, yuck. I'm not a fan of their taste or consistency... no thanks.

5. What’s your favourite way to prepare veggies? (Grilled, boiled, roasted, sautéed, etc.)
We don't really cook fresh veggies. My mom either uses frozen or from a can, so we just heat them up in the microwave or on the stove.

6. Sweet potato pie: Love it or hate it?
I've never tried it, actually. Nobody in my family makes or buys it for holidays. Whenever I hear it mentioned I feel like I wouldn't like it, but who knows.

7. What’s your favourite “style” of French fry? Wedges, shoelace, curly, crinkle-cut or other?
Shoelace, for sure.

8. What’s your favourite fruit-pie filling?
Apple, mainly because it's all I've ever had. Our family isn't a pie kind of family, and when we do get one, it's not fruit except for apple. I really like blueberries so I feel like I'd probably be a fan of blueberry pie.

9. When you were a kid did your parents make you sit at the table until all your veggies were eaten off your plate?
We never had to eat them all, but I vaguely remember an "eat two more forkfuls of veggies and then you can be excused" method. I like that because there's no pressure to completely finish them; I'll probably use that with my kids.

10. Do you drink veggie & fruit juice blends (such as V8, etc.) or make them yourself?
For whatever reason, I'm not a fan of veggie and fruit juices. I think it's because I'm bad at drinking large quantities of liquid and juices are heavier than usual, so I'm full after a few sips.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.