Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ten on Tuesday [Vol. 46].

{}


1. What are 3 things that are on your Christmas wishlist?
A pair of pink sparkle TOMS, Just Dance 3, and pretty nail polish from Essie and OPI.

2. What’s your favorite Christmas song?
TOUGH QUESTION. I think it has to be Marshmallow World by Darlene Love. Or All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. Or a variety of others, from which I can't really choose a favorite.

3. Do you have a favorite band or singer that sings it especially awesome?
Well, I picked two songs that don't have too many versions (although I do love Michael's Buble's rendition of Mariah's song). I like them by the artists I listed.

4. Have you heard about the website goodreads?
Yes! I'm on there (click here to find me) and I love having access to my friends' reviews of books.

5. What are 3 books you want to read?

Bossypants (which I just started the other day) by Tina Fey, Is Everyone Hanging Out without Me? by Mindy Kaling, and The Happiness Project, which I own but have yet to start.

6. Do you hunt deer?
Nope.

7. Have you started Christmas shopping? Are you completely finished?
Yes, and I am nearly done. I need one more gift for Erik and a potential gift for my dad. Otherwise, I'm making the rest of the gifts I have left.

8. Did you shop on Black Friday? What was the best deal you got?
Yup. I got a pretty decent deal on a video game for Erik that was about half price. I also snagged a hoodie from Hollister for only $15! (They're usually like, $40.)

9. What’s one holiday tradition your family has?
We really don't have many, actually. There's always two parties - one on Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family and one Christmas Day with my dad's side. Oh! And on Christmas Eve, Santa rides around town on a firetruck, so we go out and my dad rings the jingle bells we have and we wave. I've done this every year and I don't even care how ridiculous I must look at age 24, with no little kids in sight, standing outside and waving at Santa.

10. How many blogs do you read? Do you subscribe/unsubscribe often or do you purge every once in a while?
A lot. I have 99 subscriptions in Google Reader, about 20 of which are food/inspiration/wedding/humor blogs and the rest are personal. I'll add one every once in a while - usually someone I start following on Twitter for some kind of group thing (like VEDA or #summerofharry). If I notice I haven't been reading a blog or two, I'll go delete those and then scan my list for any others I'm iffy about.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.

{Have you signed up to receive a Christmas card from me yet? If not, go here and do it!}