Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell, December.


December was the typical hustle-and-bustle of the holiday season. There were Christmas songs playing from my laptop daily while I worked on craft projects for my friends' gifts and baked boxes of yummy treats. In between, I sipped hot chocolate, watched all of my favorite Christmas movies, and wrote some love letters for the 12 Days of Love Letter Writing.

It all culminated in the best holiday weekend I have in memory. I excitedly swapped gifts with my boyfriend, caught up on the lives of family members, and enjoyed every moment of it with barely a moment of anxiety. I sat around the tree with Erik's family and felt so comfortable and not a single bit out of place; it was a wonderful feeling and I'm grateful to be so welcomed by them.

I won't be addressing my goals because barely kept them in mind this month. However, I will say that I remained pretty stress-free, took care of myself, and tried my hardest to soak in every single joyful experience this season. It was a great month; a great close to the end of what has been a most wonderful year.

Instead of a recap of my year, I'm posting the links to my monthly recaps. Feel free to read through to see all of the things that made this year special for me.