Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday [Vol. 44].

{A Thanksgiving greeting from the white board on our fridge; my dad added the subtitle.}

1. What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year?
We're having a two-part party with my dad's side of the family. Thursday will be my family, Lyndsay's family, and potentially my cousin who's been in California for the Navy and his mother and sister (we're betting their attendance is dependent on him showing up). Friday will be mine and Lyndsay's families again, plus my cousin and his girlfriend who are coming up from Maryland.

2. What are you most thankful for this year?

My amazing relationship and my wonderful boyfriend. Mushy mush mush, I know, but it's true!

3. Do you have any traditions on Thanksgiving? The parade? Football? Long naps?

I, personally, always watch the parade. This means waking up earlier than normal for me, so I usually curl up with coffee or tea. We also always have green bean casserole. Yum.

4. Is it called stuffing or dressing? Is it in the bird or a separate dish?
Stuffing. My mama used to make two - the Stove Top brand and homemade stuffing that was cooked in the bird - but this year I think she's just doing the homemade kind because it's not really popular in our family.

5. Do you cook?
Not really. I bake. I'm in charge of desserts for every holiday and party.

6. What is your favorite dish?

Green bean casserole.

7. What is your dessert preference?

Pumpkin pie all the way. Everything else pales in comparison.

8. What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?

My paternal grandparents (who passed away when I was young) always used to bring little chocolate turkeys for all the kids. Once they passed away, for a few years my aunt would go out of her way to get the same exact chocolates from the same shop. It was always really awesome to have a piece of candy along with all the other desserts.

9. Do you plan to shop on Black Friday?
Yes. This is actually the first year I'll be venturing out early because I'm on the hunt for a few specific gifts for Erik. Otherwise, I'll follow my normal routine of checking for online bargains and heading out to stores that have all-day sales (like Target).

10. What are you most dreading about Thanksgiving this year?
The possibility of drama if my cousin (the one moving home from California) makes it. There's no guarantee he'll be home in time or that drama will definitely happen, but there's potential for it.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.