Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years.

Usually I'm a huge advocate of talking about and remembering September 11, 2001. So far, every year I've either told the story of that day from my eyes or shared something relevant. With it being the tenth anniversary, I expected to feel the same way and want to re-post my story or talk about the day.

However, I've found that this year, everything seems to be triggering my anxiety. I guess I suppressed the more serious emotions underlying the day and that now, they're starting to come out. The last time my dad started telling his story (to my cousin's girlfriend, who'd never heard the whole thing), I had to leave the room because I felt light-headed. When my mom was watching one of the 9/11 specials earlier this week, I felt panicky and started crying.

Instead, I'll just be posting links to things I've written in the past that explain what I went through on this day, ten years ago.

My September 11th
September 12th, 2001
Top of the World (yesterday's post)

I feel that those posts accurately flesh out my experience and I thank you if you take the time to read them all.

As for me, I'll be watching football and catching up on some reading. I'll never ever forget how I felt ten years ago, but I just can't torture myself by watching the footage over and over.