Tuesday, July 26, 2011

ten on tuesday [vol. 34].


The nail polish I used for Fourth of July weekend; picture by me.

1. What colour are your toenails painted?

Currently, they are au natural. They were most recently painted sparkly red for the Fourth of July.

2. What colour are your fingernails painted?
See the answer to question one.

3. What is your favourite brand of nail polish?
I've just started getting into painting my nails, so it's hard for me to pick a tried-and-true favorite. So far, Revlon polish goes on well and lasts long, so I guess it's my favorite for now.

4. As the norm, do you DIY your nails or get mani/pedis?
DIY. I had an awful nail-biting habit from when I was eight until... about three months ago. My fingernails were always, therefore, way too short for manicures. Since I didn't do anything special with my fingernails, I never thought to get pedicures on the regular, either. I've only had one mani/pedi in my entire life - for Lyndsay's sweet sixteen four years ago.

5. Have you ever had a gel mani? Do you recommend it?
Never had one.

6. What is the last movie you watched on television? (TV, Netflix, Redbox, etc.)
I was half-watching the first Pirates of the Caribbean on Saturday. The last movie I watched start-to-finish was the sixth Harry Potter movie, in preparation for seeing the final movie last weekend.

7. What is the last movie you watched in the cinema?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II. In IMAX 3D. It was so amazing.

8. Is there a movie that everyone talks about as if it is a classic but you haven’t seen?
This is basically the story of my life. For whatever reason, I never watched the "classics" as a kid, I didn't go to the movies often in my teenage years, and whenever I did go to the theater, I saw silly chick flicks or kids movies. Nine times out of ten, I haven't seen a "classic" movie and people are (appropriately) surprised. E was actually the first person to call me out on it and insist we make a list and start watching them.

9. What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
RENT. I know, lame, because the Broadway RENT soundtrack is likely ten billion times better. But, since I haven't seen the Broadway version and I have seen the movie version, I'm in love with that movie soundtrack.

10. Have you ever seen a movie and thought it was better than the book it was based on?
I don't recall going to see too many movies based on books, and when I have, I haven't read the books. Obviously Harry Potter is an exception, and although I love the movies, nothing beats the books.

These questions are a part of Ten on Tuesday which is run by the wonderful Chelsea of Roots and Rings.